- Dish type
Very tasty and easy to prepare, this peperonata recipe is an evergreen on Italian tables. Toast some bread and indulge in this triumph of colourful veggies! Makes a lovely lunch.
1 person made this
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1kg red, yellow, orange and green peppers - cut into strips
- 500g passata
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:40min ›Ready in:50min
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add garlic and the onion. Cook until onion is soft.
- Remove garlic from the pan and add the peppers. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for 30 minutes then add the passata.
- Cook until the peppers are soft, then add capers, salt and black pepper. Serve.