We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Turkey mince
These delectable burritos are easy to make - perfect for a midweek supper. Turkey mince is low in fat and calories, making it a healthy choice too.
209 people made this
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 (350g) jar chilli cooking sauce, such as Seeds of Change
- 1 (340g) tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 (400g) tin refried beans
- 1 (284ml) tub light soured cream
- 100g grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:25min
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, brown turkey. Stir in chilli sauce, sweetcorn and onion. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquids reduce (about 20 minutes).
- In a separate pan, heat beans over medium-low heat. Prepare soured cream and cheese for sprinkling into burritos. One by one, heat tortillas over a hob burner for 1 to 2 minutes, flipping a few times. Top with beans, then meat mixture, then soured cream and cheese. Fold over and serve whilst still warm.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(219)
Reviews in English (155)
I don't know if it is the 2 cans of hot tomato sauce or the warmed tortillas, but this recipe was just phenomenal! There are not even seasonings used here, but the burritos just have this incredibly full flavor - there is nothing missing!These burritos are so incredibly easy, and this is one recipe I will keep on hand to use regularly. The burritos are quite healthy, and the recipe uses nothing containing a lot of fat. Thanks to Gary for providing a fantastic recipe!Two hints: 1) To keep this recipe healthy when you make it, be sure to use skinless ground turkey, otherwise the skin is ground into the turkey and it contains extra fat; 2) If you are like me and are terrible at folding burritos, spread a little refried beans on the ends you are trying to fold - they act like a sticky paste to kee the burritos nicely folded.-05 Jun 2005
I expected these to be decent, but they were actually wonderful. My husband was also pleasantly surprised and asked me to make them again soon. I used Rotel tomatoes instead of the hot tomato sauce, only because I couldn't find it. I also wrapped the burritos, minus the sour cream, and placed them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 7-10 minutes. The tortillas got nice and crunchy and the cheese was melted into the meat and beans. I then topped them with the sour cream and served. We will definitely be making these again. Thanks for the recipe!-10 Nov 2006
by Milissa Hewitt
WOW!! This recipe was really great!! My husband and I have been trying to eat healthy, and we love mexican style food so I thought this would be a great recipe to try. We used the 99% fat free ground turkey. Like alot of the other reviewers we could not find hot tomato sauce, so we replaced the two cans of hot tomato sauce with the following: (1) 8 oz. can of tomato sauce (1) 10oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, 1/3 cup of medium salsa, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1/2 tablespoon of ground cumin, and 1/2 tablespoon of onion powder. The flavor was delicious! We will be making this recipe over and over again!-13 Nov 2006